Bullard Memorial Farm Association
House Rules of Operation
Amended October 4, 2009
John Anson Bullard challenged the Members of the Bullard Memorial Farm Association to care for and preserve the Bullard Farm. It is our responsibility to continue this charge. The House Rules were formed to assure that all Members of the BMFA may responsibly enjoy the wonder that is the Bullard Farm.
1. Smoking and the burning of candles are strictly prohibited in any of the buildings. Fire is the primary enemy to the survival of the Bullard Farm.
2. Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted in the front parlors, attic, museum, black smith shop, cider house and library unless attended by a Member.
3. The laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts apply to residents of the Farm and must be observed. (Note: the drinking age in MA is 21; illegal drugs are prohibited)
4. One person or a couple in each reserving party shall be named on the reservation confirmation as accepting financial responsibility for the actions of the rest of the party, as well as their own.
5. Members are responsible for reporting any damage caused by themselves or their guests. Members shall list anydamage on the checkout form, which is sent to the House Committee Chair.
6. The number of adults (age three years and older) allowed to sleep in the house is ten.
7. Members are permitted to bring pets to the Farm. Pets are allowed in the Farm kitchens, the barn and outside. Members must clean up after pets and are responsible for any damage caused by pets.
8. Only at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter are groups larger than 15 persons allowed to eat in the house. Larger groups are encouraged to eat in the barn.
9. Food is not permitted in the front parlors or upstairs.
10. Dancing is not permitted in the house. It is permitted in the barn.
11. The Farm Manager will provide the key for the attic when asked. The keys for the outbuildings are hanging next to the backdoor in the kitchen.
12. For any long distance phone calls made without a phone card, there will be a $2 handling charge added to the phone bill that you will be sent.
13. Parking is allowed to the right of the vinegar building. Parking is allowed on the field when conditions permit.
14. Any member found to be in violation of these House Rules may be denied the privilege of using the Farm by the Board of Directors.
Reservations, Fees & Checkout
1. Members in good standing over the age of 22 may reserve the Farm on a first-come, first-served basis, up to a year in advance. Exceptions to meet special needs may be made by the House Committee.
2. Reservations are to be made through the Farm Manager, either by phone, email or in person.
3. No member under the age of 22 will be allowed to make a reservation at the Farm.
4. Members are allowed to have guests but guests are not allowed to be at the Farm in the absence of a member.
5. Members wishing to visit the Farm for a day or less (no overnight), should contact the Farm Manager to make sure that the Farm is available, or that a visit is acceptable to those in residence. Association members making a brief daytime visit to the farm must notify the Farm Manager. There will be no fee for this type of casual visit.
6. Reservations and visits will not be accepted for Wednesday through Saturday of the week before the Fall and Spring Association meetings.
7. Members in good standing may reserve the Farm for the night after either meeting, at which time the house may be shared by members to its capacity of ten.
8. From May 1 – October 31 the reservation fee for an overnight is $50 and for a day is $30. From November 1 to April 30 the reservation fee for an overnight is $80 and for a day is $50.
9. The reservation fees for larger parties are as follows: 25 to 50 people - $150; 51 to 100 people - $300; 101 to 150 people - $450; 151 to 200 people - $600. Groups larger than 200 need the approval of the House Committee and majority of the Directors at least three months in advance. Parties in excess of 50 people (except association meetings) need to arrange for one portable toilet for each 50 people attending the event.